Wednesday 10 September 2014

Evil teachers and snot for WOYWW

I was missing last week
I had a date with a few boxes of tissues.
It was one almighty snot fest,
you know the kind,
where the only way to sit upright is if you
stuff a tissue up each nostril and
just let them soak up the snot.
If you sit up without the tissues, the snot just comes
streaming out and floods everything in it's path,
even computer keyboards are in the firing line. 
Plus once the snot hits the cotton wool
inside my head it gets really heavy and I can't 
hold it up, hence, staying away from the computer
and just laying on the couch for quite a few days.

Today is the first day back into my art room since my last post
and of course nothing has changed desk wise
but I did go to class this week and did quite a bit.

 Remember this fellow, well I decided I didn't like it now
so we decided to take off a lot of the dark ink on the colourful water.
He's looking better now but my teacher had
 that evil glint in her eye.
That look of I'm gonna scare the pants off you now and
she made me mix up two pots of ink, one with turquoise and
sepia and one with purple and sepia.  
Now those of you who know me well, know that I hate the colour brown
and the thought of putting that poopy colour on
 made me go green.
I put in just one or two drops of sepia
 and then miss meanie
smiled and poured that stuff in like crazy. 
 I think they heard my protests in the next county!!
Trust me she said, with that evil grin and so it began, a dribble of this and a dribble
of that and ....
okay I told you that it needed the sepia in there
to bring out the colours (cough, cough).  
It still needs to dry and the colours will still move,
plus there is a lot of work to do on the pelican itself
but I have to admit that I really like it now.
Just wish we could get this result without 
 giving me a heart attack every time.

Just to prove it wasn't a fluke
I also inked the boat with the leftover inks

This was really fresh when I took the photo 
so it will move more but I like it.
I'm going to paint the boat properly, I think, 
may change my mind yet.

Now don't get me wrong, my teacher is fabulous 
at teaching us and I love her to bits
 but when she gets that evil glint in her eye,
 my heart starts to race
and that feeling of dread comes over me,
cos I know she is going to make me put 
poo cack all over my canvas!

Should have gone to class last week
and let the snot run free!!

Well that's my almost kinda desk 
for this week
so why not hop on over to 
and see the other desks around the world
this, now snot free, Wednesday.

 









11 comments:

  1. Your paintings are beautiful, I love the addition of the sepia colour - and the boat is stunning - what fabulous pattern and colour. Hope the snots have gone and you have a better week this week!
    Diana #42

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - the sepia was just perfect....cough....:-) That was a great idea of yours!!
    The boat picture is amazing...looks like it's all melted but it works. It's good to have someone like your teacher who can put a rocket up your jaxy and shift you out of your comfort zone. I think I need someone like that at the moment!
    And I'm so glad you're snot free now - glorious description of your predicament btw!
    Hugs, LLJ 30 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings are amazing even with poo cack on the canvas :-} Have a lovely week.
    Sandra de @26

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vonny, that's beautiful! Your teacher might be mean but the addition of the 'poo' colour has done the trick.
    I've been looking at your other pictures and they are just as stunning!
    I'm a new kid on the block. Started last week, when you were on the couch. I'm glad you're feeling better.
    Lisca#40

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your artwork is gorgeous and so creative and inspirational. Sorry to hear of your snot-fest - hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for sharing your workspace today. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #45 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry but your snot fest did make me laugh - I hope you're feeling better now. The paintings are wonderful. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 34

    ReplyDelete
  7. But, Vonny, the thing about comfort zones is that - well - they're comfortable... They are nice to be in....I don't like moving out of them.... But WOW - just look what has happened. Glorious colours on the boat picture. Sorry you felt so very unwell last week - trust you are feeling much better without the snot.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. He hehehehehehhe Evil teacher here..... Love the way you tell the story... and you wait till you see how beautifully it has dried... truly, truly astonishing, Vonny. Good thing I have the weapons I need to drag you out of that no-nudity/clean colours/anti poo-cack comfort zone of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should try tampons Vonny - they work much better than rolled up tissue! And they have a handy pully-string to get them out easily ;0)
    I do admire your bravery... the steps you take seem huge and I must admit to always taking baby steps - That said, whatever you do seems to work wonders every time! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sense of humor, as I giggled through your whole ordeal with your art teacher and the poopy color ordeal. I have to say, she was right, the water in both paintings looks amazing. Glad to hear you're feeling better and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. G'day Vonny. Sorry I am late getting around for WOYWW and thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. OMG I so love your paintings and you made me laugh re the snot and the fear of sepia LOL. It did turn out amazing in the end so teacher was right. I'm still at the learning stage with my painting attempts but I am enjoying it. I love my dyed steampunk T shirt too and yes the scenery up here is amazing
    hugs
    Annette #46

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments but due to a high amount of spam I had to take the anonymous user off of the comments. Sorry to those who can't leave a comment.
Thanks, Von.